Make this easy 5 ingredient no-yeast vegan pizza dough in less than 30 minutes.
All you need are five ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen and some cooking utensils you most likely already have on hand, too.
Oh and by the way, this yeast-free vegan dough isn’t just for pizzas. You can use this pizza dough for homemade pizza pockets/calzone, too!
Picture below is my third attempt at making pizza pockets with vegan meatballs, cheese, and marinara sauce.
I think it looks and tastes great, but I’m bias because I made it. You can however, take my moms (Filipino meat eater) word for it. She thought it was delicious, too!
This yeast-free vegan pizza dough is so simple and foolproof, even I could make it.
Yeast-Free Vegan Pizza Dough
Below you’ll find the tools, ingredients, and directions to make this super simple and delicious yeast-free vegan pizza dough.
- One large mixing bowl
- Spoon or mixing spatula
- Rolling pin
- Baking sheet or pizza stone
- Basting/pastry brush (optional)
The following ingredients yields one dough ball that can make a large sized pizza. For large pizza pockets, cut the dough ball in four equal pieces.
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup of water
- Garlic and onion powder (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl (flour, baking powder, and salt).
- Stir in wet ingredients with spoon or mixing spatula (water and olive oil).
- Continue to combine (now with your hands) and form into a dough ball.
- Place dough ball onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 3-5 minutes.
- After 3-5 minutes, use a rolling pin to flatten dough into circle or any shape you like. Sprinkle some flour on the counter or where-ever you’re rolling your dough out to avoid the dough sticking to the surface. You may also need to sprinkle some flour onto the dough itself when rolling it out so it doesn’t stick to the rolling pin.
- Brush oil onto pizza edges for a tastier, more colorful crust (for added flavor mix garlic and onion powder into the oil).
- Bake at 375° F for 10-15 minutes or until dough turns golden brown in color.
Approximate Nutrition Facts
The nutrition facts label below is relative to one large pizza that is cut into 8 equal servings. Calories and nutrition breakdown shown is for one slice of the dough.
Remember, you can use this pizza dough recipe for more than just pizza!
I’ve made this dough for homemade calzones/pizza pockets and I’ll be making a homemade vegan “meat” pie in a cast iron skillet latter this month.